Tuesday 30 December 2008

First SL Christmas (2008)

It's that time of the year again when evergreen pines, poinsettias and mistletoes takes over a special corner in our homes. Just like the RL Christmas rush we've got so used to (with all the chaos that comes along with it), a virtual preparation can be equally as stressful. Though I would have to admit that it's way far too convenient when everything can be done with just a click of a mouse... and of course let us not forget that teleporting helps make things quicker as well.


Pressure Pressure!

Now how do I decorate the penthouse? I was really keen on making it very special but with so many ideas in my head, it wasn't easy deciding on what to do first! Good thing Lizzy was there to help me out with the most important and basic ornament for Christmas, the tree!


Awww give me a hug babes! We've done it, our first ever Christmas tree! En and Liz congratulate each other with a warm-body-heat-saving hug (rawrrr)!


Having thought of Caroline Apollo's tree on display at Lo Lo and Lisa's towering pine at Miramare, we headed to Botanical (in Straylight Island) for a 7 foot evergreen pine and a set of sculpty snow cover. I remember the first time I went there with Liz for a bit of He-Man and She-Ra role play much to the bemusement of others (laughter)... ahhhh These days of "innocence" will always be blissful for us...


The Ice Breaker

The tree was all we needed to jump start our decorating frenzy. Liz chose a perfect spot for the it and did a marvelous and fantastic job in setting up the tree. Nothing less that amazing, and I wouldn't have asked for more, it was simply perfect!



Our Japanese-inspired dining area will have to give way to the tree. Pressies instead of takeaways will be a staple on this spot for the time being. Don't you just love decorating?


A view to a chill? Making sure Santa knows that he is invited in this household! It would be more lovely to see two lovebirds seated on the cushions wouldn't it?


Naturally once you have broken the ice, ideas would start to flood in. It was much more easier to put everything down to its rightful place once you get things started. We couldn't be more pleased with the outcome which we believe added more of the homely ambiance we tried to project at the condo. Having to voluntarily add a bit more premium for the extra prims was worth it as I have always believed in quality comes first before practicality.


All ready to go! Looking around for anything that may need some dolling up before moving on to decorate the outdoors. But not after a glass of shaken (and not stirred *coughs*) martini... and maybe a bit of that "une baguette" as well. Care to join me?


What The Heck (Let's Get Carried Away)!

We can't leave the rest of the unit just like that, and how can we forget to decorate the fireplace? After all that is where Father Christmas will be squeezing his big bum to get in the condo (still baffles me how the old dude can do Blaine *lol*). Better ready the hot cocoa and the biscuits for the old man if we ever want to get everything on our wish list "neatly stacked" under the tree! ho ho ho!


Time to relax a bit, decorating ain't easy (laughter)... Black Italian marble does look good on a fireplace doesn't it? One of the many fixtures I modified as a noob, a favourite past-time of mine apart from virtual 7Seas fishing and OCS combat (of course). I leave the shopping to Liz (chuckles).

Warming up as it begins to snow outside as SL Weather forecasts a blizzard. Apparently, it would seem that we all would be spending a white Christmas in SL after all!


Bleeping Blizzards! Here comes the snow! Can't wait to have a snowball fight when Liz wakes up! Oh, is she gonna get it! Well both outdoors... and ermmm... indoors (naughty grin)...


Lets sing to the tune of Mr. Lennon's "Happy Christmas" song (hehehe)

So this is SL Christmas... Look what have I done... Raised the tree up this morning... Liz did it, I did none...


Okay.. okay I'll have to stop... I'd hate to receive an AR from the IPR owners of this song as it is a Christmas classic (chuckles). But I betcha I made you guys sing, didn't I? Catchy isn't it? I guess I really got "carried away" there. Karaoke anyone? hahaha...



Dang it, a mistletoe and no Liz? I guess I'll just have to make up with the snow-woman then (can't kiss a snow-"man" can I?) and see how far down the huge snowball goes from the 11th floor balcony hahaha. Nah just kidding, can't do that to this cool work of art from Sugar Rush. They did a good job crafting this ornament, didn't they? Go check them out!


Happy Holidays to everyone!

SL Christmas is indeed something special as we get to celebrate it with people around the globe! And having different time zones would "almost" be like celebrating it for two days! That's the beauty of SL, and that's what makes it click!

Well the tree is up... the decorations are all around the place... and apart from me starting to have the usual Christmas blues (sighs) as I wrap up this blog... I leave you all with a very special message...



Love ya all!