Thursday 24 July 2008

Raging Roaring Road Runners Pt.3

Just when you start to wonder why it is taking so long for ProStreet Cars to release a new supercar, they suddenly unveil the one car that has been in my wish list for a long time now. TerdNerd Barbosa releases that Prancing Horse from the its stable, and expect this black stallion to be doing wild horse kicks on the track. This car is like no other and is nothing near being amateurishly crafted. Like the other supercars I have featured in my 4R-series (Raging Roaring Road Runners) blog, this latest release is also in my list as one of the best and rare beauties you would find in SL.


This car is available in a cabriolet or a standard top with seven colours to chose from. Choosing which one to take will not be as easy as you think. It took me 20 minutes-plus and at least two purchases before I could finally say that I was truly happy... laughter



ProStreet Cars gave me back confidence in collecting SL cars since getting very disappointed with the first one I bought from another maker as a noob. People would surely remember their first set of wheels, but mine was surely one I'd rather forget.

TerdNerd's latest releases are Havok 4 ready, with strong sigh of relief.

Havok 4 is a new platform that sort of destroyed if not killed a lot of scripted objects that were pre-H4 manufactured, cringes. ProStreet Cars (like all of the other builders of cars, aircrafts, boats and security systems) was not spared by this dreaded phenomenon that affected some of the older generation products.

It had been a while, after so many visits to their car showroom at Winkie that they had finally released something new. And just by chance having that gut feeling in me to visit the shop, that I got a hold of this road-legal Ferrari.


Proud Ferrari owners: My babes shows how pleased she is with this easy to drive supercar, as she burns the blue asphalt at Racer's Island prior to having our cars copulating together. grins...


The 2008 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

IRL (in real life) this new car is an all-aluminum two-seater named after the circuit Ferrari uses to hone the performance of both their race cars and street cars. The GTB stands for Gran Turismo Berlinetta giving tribute to the Berlinettas that also helped the Italian car maker (ahem.. and Tom Selleck's Magnum P.I.) become a household name.

It is by far the best Ferrari ever to be produced in Second Life, replacing the Lamborghinis (which I also got from ProStreet Cars) as my favourite among the other supercars in their roster. It is one of the most stable cars I have ever handled. So straightforward that even noobs will not have a hard time taming this wild horse.

The superb stability can be credited to the new standards which high level car makers include in their packages. Think Porsche Carrera GT and Formula One cars. User friendly menus and HUDs have put the level of SL supercar enthusiast a notch higher, giving birth to Gen 4 autos (Generation-4) which have adapted to the H4 platform. This means more features... more special effects... more stability... high performance... less lag problems.


Rear it baby! Driving a Gen-4 has never been this great especially when you get to race one with the love of your life. Now this gives new meaning to the word "sex-drive"!

Gen~4 Standard Menus

What seems to have been a special feature in Gen-3 cars is now a standard in today's H4-ready supercars. They give drivers the option to customise and tweak the cars default settings. Though short of being as fully customisable as Z.A. Motor's Porsche Carrera GT, the custom~menu offers one of the most important tweak-able feature in racing cars: adjustments for suspension and steering.

Upon clicking the Suspension button (see below), options to set the car on Race mode or Drift can be found. As well as the car's Height for both the front suspensions and back; Down Force which adjusts traction; and Turn Rate which tweaks the cars steering capability. The higher the gear, the lower the number should be.

I would personally recommend Turn Rate 2 for Gear 4 or Turn Rate 3 for Gear 3 when driving in the Grand Canyon circuit, the newest track for Formula SL racing.

If ever you feel that you have messed up your car's settings, just click the RESET button.

Now for the fun part.. well actually the showing-off part hehehe. Self explanatory buttons: Rev revolutionises as well as make your engine roar, while Burn will billow out smoke from your burning tyres.


Hit the pedals, hold the hand brakes and release the clutch. Burning rubber drifting style! Amazing special effects in todays Gen-4 cars.


My First Wheels

Coincidentally my first car was a Ferrari but it was a bit of a disappointment for me. It was a "boxy" Gen-1 built (Generation-1) as what you would expect with the earlier circa 2004 versions. It looked a lot better on the vendor picture and I only got to see its true nature when I rezzed it on the ground. I had no second thoughts in deciding not to drive it around Barcola and Miramare as it was something that was surely meant to be forgotten.

With the release of this magnificent Ferrari 599, I can now have the closure I need for having to ditch my old one and finally move on. I'll just leave the rest of the story to history books.

I want my sushi! And don't forget the wasabi...

Most of my supercars in my collection are European makes. And why not? They are prestigious, glamorous and very appealing, quite stereotypical I may say. BUT you ain't see nothing yet until you have tried the legendary Mitsubishi Evolution VII. Apart from the regular English breakfast, fish and chips, pasta and pizza, croissants and frankfurters... it would be very interesting to try sushi, sashimi and the usual misu soup. It is now time to try Japanese!

IRL it commands respect as it is known to be the best Japanese rally car ever to be built as it can go head-to-head with the famous Subaru Impreza. Each new Evo release gets better than the former and the Evo-VII is the living proof.

Tunnel vision: Testing the Evo on the tracks of the Grand Canyon circuit as it breezes through smoothly at each chicane.


ProStreet Cars hits the jackpot again with this exotic lass from the East. Just like the Ferrari 599, it is so quickly to rez and is quite low in lag which is common to most, if not all Gen-4 cars. It also has a menu for you to be able to adjust its steering and balance the handling ability of the car. But that is not only what makes this car so great, listen to its spontaneous and realistic throttle as it shifts gears and peaks up speed. It gives you the impression that you are really behind the wheel. So get your drifting gear and try this mean momma for yourself.


Smokin' blizzards! The Evo-VII drifting through the canyon's tunnel as it auto balances itself against under-steer.

To see it is to believe...

I discovered ProStreet Cars by accident while going on a FREEBIE hunt. A Gen-2 Lamborghini Countach was my target, unfortunately as I got there it was no longer available as a freebie give-away. But instead it was offered as a prize bundle for a "first letter of your name" lottery. The closest I was going to get my hands on this car was slim to none since the odds of seeing a letter N being called that day was almost impossible.

Not all may be lost as it seems since visiting the showroom lead me to discover better Gen-3 autos, all from ProStreet Cars:

Lambourghini Spyders (hardtop and a slide-up door cabriolet); a Lambourghini Gallardo (slide up doors); a Porsche 911 GT (swing door and rear-engine hood animation); and an Aston Martin DB8 which all are still available to purchase from L$500.00 at their Winkie showroom



The shop boasts of three levels filled with over 40 supercars on sale. Featuring most of the popular makes we know today, from the classic era to modern day cars. I was actually sent out the first time I went there. Not because I played some annoying gesture or had griefed the place with lag-creating scripted objects, nup not that at all. It was simply because I caused people to slip on the floors. Apparently, I never stopped drooling looking at every featured car. hahahaha

So the next time you go there, please try to bring for yourself a drool bag.

A place I wish I can call my home. You'll spend hours just marveling at these cars. And perhaps even just for a second, you would surely wish you had all of them for yours to keep. Visit ProStreet Cars at Winkie: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Winkie/216/124/71